Monday, October 18, 2010

Sharing as a MORAL obligation of teachers.

I have been thinking about the K12online preconference keynote this weekend and what it means to me and the teachers I work with everyday. It got me thinking about what can I do to share more.

I decided to try a recommendation that I learned during the keynote. I started a diigo account and began by sharing my existing bookmarks. I also began working with the other teachers in my school to set up their own accounts. Sharing bookmarks seems to be a low risk environment to begin the process of sharing with other teachers.

I also spoke with several administrators and encouraged them to start blogging and sharing their own reflections. I think this will take some training and encouragement before they are willing to take the risk.

Do your school administrators blog? If they do please post a link here in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment